This is Lisa (lead product designer) here. In an effort to bring more transparency to what we’re working on, why, and how we’re doing it, we’ll be welcoming you into our process.
Currently, we’ll be restructuring the Home Experience to resolve a series of product & technical issues that will establish a more stable product baseline upon which to extend functionality and iterate. After these initial changes, we can incrementally validate, build, and test these solutions.
In a nutshell, here is the proposed set of updates we’re moving towards:
These changes involve:
- Introducing a “Following” feed so that you can exclusively see posts by people and tags you’re following.
- Introducing the “Saved” feed that aggregates all of your saved posts (this also includes renaming our current feature from “Reading Lists” to “Saved”).
- Introducing a “More” tab that aggregates widgets you can set up as a Forem creator.
- Creating clearer site navigation sections so that people can easily scan its links.
Given that this involves a series of little changes, we’ve also begun outlining specific projects we’ll tackle and their dependencies to be most opportunistic in how we roll these updates out.
- What can we do beyond the changes we've already proposed to make our home feed 10% better?
- Which of these features are you looking most forward to?
- What kind of widgets do you envision Forem creators wanting in the “More” section?
- Do you have any other questions or comments for us? Drop a comment below.