Hello there happy Forem Creators!
April was a month packed with big ships and sprinkled with some smaller ones. A lot of those bigger entities are still very much in motion, so we hope this short summary of some of the dinghies will satisfy your cravings for now...
- @miguelnietoa fixed a bug with Color display over "Save profile information" button in settings. 🙏
- We pushed a fix for a wayward toggle component.
- It's official! Listings are an optional extension. We've turned off Listings for all Forems by default so in order to add Listings to your Forem now, you'll need to enable them under the extensions menu.
As I promised @tmedivh in March, custom profile fields are now here! Head to
/admin/customization/configand look for Profile Fields in the navigation menu. 🎉 Some things to note:
- Groups are the section headers you'll see your custom fields organized under on a user's profile.
- Hit the
Togglebutton to expand any Group and view the custom fields inside it. You can manage each field fully from within itself.
- We cleaned up an issue where series counts were not showing on all dashboard pages.
- @Anshuman71 submitted an improvement to the Dashboard ordering Sort "Recently Published" on Dashboard show unpublished articles on top.
- @msarit continues her excellent work on Embeds, this time create an Open Graph/TwitterCard service to parse structured properties. 🙌
- We also discovered that for some embeds, ForemTag RegEx might not be the best solution.
- @jeremyf has been working hard to improve the operationalization of iterating on feed logic, including documenting the relevant levers and multipliers. The goal of this huge undertaking is to codify the logic of the Forem feed to allow feeds to be refined according to the evolving needs of a community.
- Based on feedback from DEV moderators and members, we've been working on improving the feed relevancy for such a large community (hundreds of thousands of members). One of the adjustments is to the tag follows/anti-follows logic.
- @varhal brought our attention to podcast episodes in non-Latin Script not resolving properly, and helped us fix the issue. Thank you!
- We updated how Forem follows and validate redirect links for embeds.
- Fixed an issue where logged out users get a 404 error when attempting to navigate to
/newfrom a sidebar campaign.
- We spotted some odd behavior with the way that Tag searches worked and fixed the 404 errors people were getting.
- We also spotted some odd behavior with Tag autocomplete in the post editor, that are now hopefully resolved.
- We now hide the "Save" button on a user's own posts.
- We patched a security issue by ensuring that "Unable to login" is always the returned message for failed log in attempts.
That's it! There is so much more we are so excited to share with y'all over the coming month(s), and we hope that these gems tide you over until the next time!