Welcome back, Forem Creators!
This edition of our changelog is split into functional sections, which we hope will help you easily identify the relevancy of each change. If you'd like to see them presented differently, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below!
- @maestromac figured out why video uploads weren't working as expected. Note this feature is currently only available on a few Forems.
- @s_aitchison resolved a CSRF metatag issue
- ... and got organization secret codes to copy to users' clipboards as expected
- @jeremyf merged a fix that allows admins to delete user-generated content
- ... and merged another fix that resolved an unexpected token in JSON at position 0
- Y'all may have noticed @msarit's post about embeds (or the change to the Editor Basics info to the right of the Post Editor). Here's the issue for that.
- Since sharing that update, Arit has added Loom videos as a designated embed, and demonstrates exactly how they work right here (spoiler: this works!)
- Most of the items in this list were components of the big change to the
Member Managementarea of the Admin Panel shared in @jennieocken's Changelog post
- One of the big changes was the introduction of Tabs in that area of the Admin Panel
- Note: Structural changes like the above requires an accessibility review, to be sure we're not introducing inaccessible elements
- The scope of the above project fixed several inconsistencies in the UI after Admin actions
- It also addressed some issues with credits being subtracted in unexpected ways and improved communication about actions Admins take on Member credits
- This change also triggered another quality-of-life improvement across the board: the terminology change from "vomit" to "flag"
- We resolved an issue users were experiencing when logging in with Facebook on the Forem app
- We simplified the way that tags are called for the drop-down list in the Post Editor
- We added a "Tags" category to Search Results
Some small usability improvements, including...
- Fixing the position of the
?button in Listings
- Fixing the way text overflow is handled in preview cards
- Generalizing the "Stories" header on campaigns to make it more useful across a range of campaigns
- Fixing the way the Safari selects the address bar color by theme
- Removing the
/badgepage from the Forem install
I hope this was as interesting to read as it was to write. I stay in awe of the amazing work done by the Forem team and contributors, and I'm delighted to have y'all on for the ride!
Until next time!