User would like the edit link to be removed for anyone who is not first given permission to edit the post.
Currently, when you create a post the link to you draft can be shared. Anyone who has access to that link can then edit the post.
I believe this is intentional but can see the point of having specific permissions like you have when sharing a google doc.
Unpublished post shows edit link to non-author logged users #13795
Describe the bug
- Log in
- Go to a unpublished post (https://dev.to/leastbad/beast-mode-stimulusreflex-with-all-futures-4121-temp-slug-3955216?preview=0f814fe700ac64830c91c4bc686d5660272747d9e5be79f6d3e7f68b0a48e20e0e906e34ff65e51c81f166ff2a407bd10a5b9a74010c57ee7f7d8356 for example)
- See the banner link "Click to edit"
- (optional) Click the edit link
- The server 404s
Expected behavior The banner should not include the edit link for non-author users.
Desktop (please complete the following information):
- OS, version: Linux Ubuntu 18.04
- Browser, version: Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)
The banner works as expected for unlogged users.
</div> <div class="gh-btn-container"><a class="gh-btn" href="https://github.com/forem/forem/issues/13795">View on GitHub</a></div>
Top comments (2)
This feature request is more like a request solving a bug than a new feature, so I think you can file this as an issue :) It seems straightforward.
Sounds good. Thanks Lisa.