For those of you who would like to learn more about community management, in all its forms, there's an asynchronous community conference taking place this week. It's called The Thriving Community Summit and tickets are free.
From organizer, Philippa Gilstrom:
- Every morning you will get an email from me with the link to all of that day's sessions.
- Watch each session at its scheduled time, or catch the replay for up to 48 hours for free.
- After 48 hours the session will be locked away.
- To watch a session, click on 'view session' button on the page. Then select play.
- Make sure you block time in your calendar and prioritize the most important sessions for your business.
- Show up and do use our pop-up community, the Facebook Group, to to ask your questions. We can help each other out there. Also we will have our own Topia world, which we will have access to a bit later today. I will email the details over to you then. In this world we will be able to talk to one another and can discuss what we are learning from the speakers' sessions.
- Take notes. We forget almost 80% of the details we have learned within 24 hours! Keep those valuable discoveries safe by taking effective notes.
- In order to be successful, take action! After each session, commit to one immediate action.
Personally, I'll be checking out
- my buddy Jephtah's session on deliberate spaces for DEI in communities
- "When you thrive, your community thrives" by Dr. Carolyn Eddleston
- and the talk by Gina Bianchini, CEO Mighty Networks.
If you find time to make it, I hope you enjoy!