When I tried to submit my sitemap, after a quick look at the robots.txt file I realised that it was
sitemap.xml.gz file. I also connected my Forem to s3, where the sitemap.xml.gz of my Forem was located.
So, I quickly learned few facts from Google documentation and realised that this is one of the standard method of indexing URLs and the Google search engine console supports it.
In order for this to work, I followed few guides, and the simplified procedure was this:
- Add you bucked URL within Search Console
- Make the
sitemap.xml.gzavailable for public
- Update the robots.txt to point out the sitemap, Forem already did this.
- Paste the link in Console.
But for some reason, google was unable to fetch and index my website.
- click here to view my robots.txt
- click here to check the public access of my sitemap
- Also attaching a screenshot of my search engine console, which verifies that I attached my bucket and uploaded the correct URL.