We need a new "universally useful" feature for our https://aechive.net Forem instance, but we need development resources to make it a reality.
The "feature" is a general information aggregation type of page that shares characteristics with the podcast page, and can be reused for the following aggregation purposes:
1) Video Channels - User can add their channel, page pulls new video content from channels on Youtube, Vimeo etc., displays to user.
2) Blog Channel Aggregation - User can add their blog, page pulls new blog updates from different sources, displays to user.
3) Technology Directory Aggregation - User can add their technology product listing, page displays to user.
These will follow a similar format to the current “Podcast” page functionality, which includes:
- Left-hand side Channels Listing
- “Suggest a Channel” function, for community to add further channels
- RSS feed of latest postings from listed channels
- Indexing of authors & topics to support the “search” function
A user can click on a channels listing in the left-hand side navigation, the page will go to the listing of that channels only (ie similar to the podcast functionality)
Each Page has a “Suggest a Channel” function, similar to the podcast page, which will allow the community to add to the listing. It will launch a form to capture relevant information, including the RSS feed URL to add a listing.
Here is a list of example data sources that we would like to be added:
- Can you help? Comment to let us know, please!