I enabled the email authentication type and disabled the remaining authentication types, expecting it to be user-friendly for everyone.
But only 1 out of 10 people is going through the sign up process hassle free and with out any support from us. (Observed for around 400 people, mostly non-technical).
- Signup process is very lengthy.. setting the password twice at signup, clicking on "confirm account link" in the email, again entering email and password to login, and remembering that password.
- Some people are confused and they keep entering user ID and password to login, instead of email id and password.
- Some people are suspecious to click on the "Confirm account link".
Suggested way for somewhat user-friendly email signup:
- User signs up with email id and other details.
- A simple 4 digit random OTP is sent to the email.
- Submitting that OTP on the website activates the user and signs in the user immediately.
- Whenever the user logs out and needs to re-login, OTP should be sent to the email id and entering that OTP should log the user in again.
- No need for the forgot password and remember password, etc.
Would like to know the developers' response to this user feedback. Thanks.