Hey everyone 👋🏼,
I submitted a PR last week to allow smaller Forems to set the expiry times on articles that are counted in the campaign stories sidebar.
What type of PR is this? (check all applicable)
- [ ] Refactor
- [x] Feature
- [ ] Bug Fix
- [ ] Optimization
- [ ] Documentation Update
This PR adds a configurable timeframe for showing articles in the campaign sidebar, for smaller communities, the rate of submission will be much lower therefore this allows a Forem admin to adjust the timeframe so more stories show up in the count.
Related Tickets & Documents
This is related to issue #11968
QA Instructions, Screenshots, Recordings
- Enabled and create a sidebar campaign in admin/config
- Set the required feature tag for articles to show in the count
- Enabled the campaign
- Set the desired campaign article expiry time
- Set the published time for articles within the required tag to before and after the expiry time
- Note the change in the Stories count.
UI accessibility concerns?
- [x] Yes
- [ ] No, and this is why: please replace this line with details on why tests have not been included
- [ ] I need help with writing tests
Added to documentation?
[optional] Are there any post deployment tasks we need to perform?
[optional] What gif best describes this PR or how it makes you feel?
Here is an example of the sidebar stories campaign on Flowstate, there are currently 2 posts showing as stories because by default it was set to collect only posts from the last 4 weeks, which is fine for Dev due to the volume.
There is now an option to change that timeframe in config/campaign here.
Therefore the post count will be much higher depending on the timeframe (in weeks) that you configure.
It might take a few days for this to be released into hosted Forem.